Every time you open your mouth, you’re exposing some of the strongest bones of your body to the world. Asante knows that it’s important not only to treat patients but also to educate them about their teeth. We are constantly amazed by your teeth, and after reading this list of cool facts about your pearly whites, maybe you will too!
- According to the American Academy of Periodontology, over 50% of respondents reported that a smile is the first feature that they notice about another person. So, flash that smile!
- The enamel on the top surface of your tooth is the hardest part of your entire body!
- 80% of dental injuries reported by children are to their front teeth. Just another reason to wear a helmet or a mouth guard!
- Mosquitoes usually have 47 teeth, and snails have 25 teeth, usually located on their tongue!
- Over the course of your lifetime, you’ll produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools! Saliva assists you with digestion and protects your teeth from bacteria that live in your mouth.
- Throughout history, people have used a variety of substances to clean their teeth. Anything from ashes, lemon juice, chalk, and pine needles have all been used as a precursor for the equivalent of today’s commonly used teeth cleaner: toothpaste.
- Kids aren’t the only candy lovers. 65% of all candy produced in the US is consumed by adults, and not just on Halloween. Good thing grown-ups can go to the dentist on their own!
- If you could account for all the people on the surface of the Earth, it still wouldn’t add up to the amount of bacteria in your mouth right now!
- If your tooth gets knocked out, put it in milk and go see a dentist right away. This will help your tooth survive longer. You could potentially save it and have it put back in your mouth!
- Humans only have two sets of teeth in their entire lifetimes. The first set is your baby teeth that eventually falls out to make room for your permanent adult teeth. Make sure to take special care of your adult teeth. You only have one set!
We all know our teeth are important for eating, talking, and smiling. There are some cool parts about teeth that aren’t as well-known, but definitely should be. Now that you know some interesting facts about your teeth, make sure to take the time to go to the dentist and take care of them. Here at your dentist Vancouver, we take pride in our work and are passionate about dentistry. We will keep your smile looking great!